Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
North Carolina murder details emerge after UNH lecturer's suicide in Florida
Eric Paul Engel, 43, allegedly shot and killed former family friend Aleksander "Lenny" Wysocki, 74, in Cary, N.C. , on Friday, according to Cary police.
Cary police had obtained an arrest warrant for Engel in connection with the death. Officials said Engel was a former family friend of the victim.
At first, Cary police told Marion County detectives they believed Engel might be at a Dunkin' Donuts in Marion County, that they thought he may be suicidal and should be considered armed and dangerous. He was driving a black Jeep Wrangler. Deputies checked various Dunkin Donuts restaurants in the area but didn't find him.
Engel was hired as a lecturer in August and taught three courses at UNH, said Erika Mantz, the school's director of communications. She said the school will work over this weekend to find a replacement lecturer for his courses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 0
- Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man charged with felony cruelty to animals - 0
- Winchester cold case murder solved; investigators say serial killer died in prison - 0
- Second bomb threat in a week at Farmington High School - 1
- Rochester teen indicted for murder of Madbury teen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483