Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
North Carolina murder details emerge after UNH lecturer's suicide in Florida
Eric Paul Engel, 43, allegedly shot and killed former family friend Aleksander "Lenny" Wysocki, 74, in Cary, N.C. , on Friday, according to Cary police.
Cary police had obtained an arrest warrant for Engel in connection with the death. Officials said Engel was a former family friend of the victim.
At first, Cary police told Marion County detectives they believed Engel might be at a Dunkin' Donuts in Marion County, that they thought he may be suicidal and should be considered armed and dangerous. He was driving a black Jeep Wrangler. Deputies checked various Dunkin Donuts restaurants in the area but didn't find him.
Engel was hired as a lecturer in August and taught three courses at UNH, said Erika Mantz, the school's director of communications. She said the school will work over this weekend to find a replacement lecturer for his courses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917