Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
North Carolina murder details emerge after UNH lecturer's suicide in Florida
Eric Paul Engel, 43, allegedly shot and killed former family friend Aleksander "Lenny" Wysocki, 74, in Cary, N.C. , on Friday, according to Cary police.
Cary police had obtained an arrest warrant for Engel in connection with the death. Officials said Engel was a former family friend of the victim.
At first, Cary police told Marion County detectives they believed Engel might be at a Dunkin' Donuts in Marion County, that they thought he may be suicidal and should be considered armed and dangerous. He was driving a black Jeep Wrangler. Deputies checked various Dunkin Donuts restaurants in the area but didn't find him.
Engel was hired as a lecturer in August and taught three courses at UNH, said Erika Mantz, the school's director of communications. She said the school will work over this weekend to find a replacement lecturer for his courses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting - 0
- Litchfield man found stabbed - 0
- Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93 - 5
- Autopsy shows Rochester man shot by officers 3 times - 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 3
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
Litchfield man found stabbed
Voters support Bow School District articles
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917