New Miss NH Outstanding Teen crowned in Derry
Caroline Carter, of Dover, was named the overall winner. First runner up went to Kylie Anne Drew, of Gilford; and Jaycie Greenburg, of Windham, was named second runner up.
For the talent segment, Carter chose the song “I Will Always Love You,” because it reminded her of her grandmother, who passed away about three years ago.
And before going out to sing the song, Carter said she glanced at a ring her grandmother gave her.
Sunday’s final round drew a large crowd to the theatre, and the competition, that began on Saturday with the preliminaries, was an overall success, said co-chair Audra Paquette Burns, Miss NH 2005.
“Unfortunately, we can only crown one but each and every one of them did an amazing job and all of them exemplify what our program is about.”
Preliminary competitions were held on Saturday and everything, with the exception of the snowstorm, went smoothly.
The snow helped put a damper on attendance Saturday, she said, but a much bigger crowd attended on Sunday for the final competition.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.