Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Some dance, others judge
I, fortunately, fall into the latter category and the Manchester Community Music School has asked me back to judge this year's Dancing with the Stars gala on Thursday, March 20.
While I hate to do it, I sometimes leave the Queen City. Last week, on a mission for my other job as eCommerce director of GoShopNH.com, I traveled to Keene in search of locally made products to bring our customers.
Last year, the Hillside Middle School PTO wowed the community by holding an auction that raised more than $32,000 to fund technology at the school. Let's help them do it again.
This year's benefit auction will be held Friday, March 14, at the Puritan Conference and Event Center at 7 p.m. Tickets for this adults-only event are $25. There will be food, music and a silent and live auction.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newport deliberative session deals with town salary, benefit increases - 0
- Peterborough deliberative session tonight talks money - 0
- Conway votes Tuesday on tax cap - 0
- Hooksett voters support town engineer, police contract - 0
- Budget, town engineer likely hot topics in Hooksett - 0
- Merrimack school budget committee's fate in voters' hands - 0
- Bow selectmen seek options after voters reject proposals to repair police, fire stations - 0
- Hollis voters reject school proposal - 0
- Merrimack voters to consider funding for new highway garage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses