Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Some dance, others judge
I, fortunately, fall into the latter category and the Manchester Community Music School has asked me back to judge this year's Dancing with the Stars gala on Thursday, March 20.
While I hate to do it, I sometimes leave the Queen City. Last week, on a mission for my other job as eCommerce director of GoShopNH.com, I traveled to Keene in search of locally made products to bring our customers.
Last year, the Hillside Middle School PTO wowed the community by holding an auction that raised more than $32,000 to fund technology at the school. Let's help them do it again.
This year's benefit auction will be held Friday, March 14, at the Puritan Conference and Event Center at 7 p.m. Tickets for this adults-only event are $25. There will be food, music and a silent and live auction.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Danville police chief's challenger says department in dire shape - 0
- Cruiser video systems await Barnstead voters' OK - 0
- Inter-Lakes school voters pass articles, add custodian - 0
- Dunbarton voters to decide on $2.17M budget - 0
- Eliminating budget group focus of deliberative session - 0
- Hanover voters approve school renovations - 0
- Incumbent selectmen challenged in Pelham - 0
- Hudson voters to decide fate of five union contracts - 0
- Hooksett School Board candidate drops out - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief