Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Some dance, others judge
I, fortunately, fall into the latter category and the Manchester Community Music School has asked me back to judge this year's Dancing with the Stars gala on Thursday, March 20.
While I hate to do it, I sometimes leave the Queen City. Last week, on a mission for my other job as eCommerce director of GoShopNH.com, I traveled to Keene in search of locally made products to bring our customers.
Last year, the Hillside Middle School PTO wowed the community by holding an auction that raised more than $32,000 to fund technology at the school. Let's help them do it again.
This year's benefit auction will be held Friday, March 14, at the Puritan Conference and Event Center at 7 p.m. Tickets for this adults-only event are $25. There will be food, music and a silent and live auction.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: How Obama has worsened inequality - 0
- Fergus Cullen: How an insured family, mine, ended up on the ACA exchange - 11
- John Stossel: The bogus war on women - 7
- Sheridan Brown: NH is vulnerable to an oil spill and needs some protection - 2
- Al Felgar: Patients can’t wait for state to fix narrow Obamacare network - 2
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents