Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Lot in a name, so we want to get them right
Some folks in Boscawen might take umbrage that someone thinks their hometown was named after a milk flavoring.
(Fear not. I threw in that last one just to enrage my friend, John D. Harrigan of South Hill Safaries in Colebrook. As he constantly reminds one and all, it is actually pronounced "Co-oss," not to be confused with chaos, which Harrigan sometimes causes.
Such uncertainty is understandable in a world where the rules of toothpaste for toddlers keeps changing.
I am lucky if I can get grandsons Ike, Mike and Spike to stand still long enough to get the toothbrushes out. Figuring out who has the Thomas the Train one as opposed to the Cars one is beyond my pay grade.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conway Voters Approve Budgets, Defeat Caps - 0
- Newport deliberative session deals with town salary, benefit increases - 0
- Peterborough deliberative session tonight talks money - 0
- Conway votes Tuesday on tax cap - 0
- Hooksett voters support town engineer, police contract - 0
- Budget, town engineer likely hot topics in Hooksett - 0
- Merrimack school budget committee's fate in voters' hands - 0
- Bow selectmen seek options after voters reject proposals to repair police, fire stations - 0
- Hollis voters reject school proposal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
'He is risen': 'As he said'