Home » Opinion » Editorials
Manchester coverups: School board needs to come clean
The board refers all questions to Superintendent Debra Livingston, who says, essentially, that the public should go away. This, after all, is a "personnel matter." And such things are just not to be discussed.
She wasn't in office when Mailhot was selected at Central; nor was she here when West High Principal MaryEllen McGorry "resigned" under similar murky circumstances.
The school board and Livingston may think they are doing the correct and legally safe thing with these "resignations" and "personnel matter" coverups. They are not. They are sorely undermining public confidence and allowing the worst possible rumors to spread like poison.
If that means airing dirty laundry and spending money on litigation, so be it.
The people would rather have that than be patted on the head and told to run along, there is nothing to see here.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- $1 million cut from Nashua school budget - 0
- Video on molestation, shown to Manchester 3rd graders, upsets parents - 19
- Claremont high school’s renovation causes upset, sparks inspection - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin