Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton man seriously injured in Friday crash
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 12:45 p.m. after a southbound 1992 Chevy pick-up, driven by Paul Drake, 71, of 318 Silver St., struck a northbound 2005 Dodge Caravan, driven by Randy Talon, 51, of 33 Lincoln Rd.
Following an initial investigation, police believe Drake lost control of his truck while driving through some slush which cresting a hill. The truck drove into the oncoming lane and struck the Caravan before going into a snowbank and hitting several trees, according to police.
While Talon and his passenger escaped injuries, Drake "suffered serious undisclosed injuries," according to police.
A helicopter was requested, a landing zone was established at New England Furniture, along Route 11 in Farmington, but the helicopter was unable to respond due to wind conditions, according to police.
As a result, Drake was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester by crews from Farmington Ambulance and paramedics from Frisbie.
While Drake was not at Frisbie as of Friday evening, it remains unclear what the nature of his injuries were, what his condition is and whether he was released or transferred to another facility.
The pick-up was towed from the scene and a cat which was inside the vehicle was taken to Cocheco Veterinary Hospital in Farmington.
While the accident remains under investigation, police believe speed, alcohol or drugs were not involved in this collision.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate