Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton man seriously injured in Friday crash
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 12:45 p.m. after a southbound 1992 Chevy pick-up, driven by Paul Drake, 71, of 318 Silver St., struck a northbound 2005 Dodge Caravan, driven by Randy Talon, 51, of 33 Lincoln Rd.
Following an initial investigation, police believe Drake lost control of his truck while driving through some slush which cresting a hill. The truck drove into the oncoming lane and struck the Caravan before going into a snowbank and hitting several trees, according to police.
While Talon and his passenger escaped injuries, Drake "suffered serious undisclosed injuries," according to police.
A helicopter was requested, a landing zone was established at New England Furniture, along Route 11 in Farmington, but the helicopter was unable to respond due to wind conditions, according to police.
As a result, Drake was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester by crews from Farmington Ambulance and paramedics from Frisbie.
While Drake was not at Frisbie as of Friday evening, it remains unclear what the nature of his injuries were, what his condition is and whether he was released or transferred to another facility.
The pick-up was towed from the scene and a cat which was inside the vehicle was taken to Cocheco Veterinary Hospital in Farmington.
While the accident remains under investigation, police believe speed, alcohol or drugs were not involved in this collision.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal