Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigating another possible heroin overdose in Salem
Shortly before 2:30 a.m., police and fire personnel responded to the Red Roof Inn off Pelham Road. Officers had to force their way into the room, according to Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten.
Salem detectives as well as the state’s medical examiner responded to the room, and detectives found what appeared to be heroin and drug paraphernalia, according to Patten.
The overdose comes on the heels of a number of drug arrests made by Salem police.
A little after midnight on Thursday, Pelham police arrested Michael Taylor, 24, of Pelham on Salem warrants for the sale and transportation of Oxycontin. Salem police took Taylor into custody, and he was later released on $10,000 cash bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal