Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Schools, library closed in Derry as storm approaches
DERRY — Classes are canceled today throughout the Derry Cooperative School District and at Pinkerton Academy because of the approaching snow storm, according to school officials.
The Derry Public Library was also closed, while town offices remained open.
Today has been declared a Blizzard Bag day for Pinkerton students, who will be given assignments to complete online, according to administrators.
The snow is expected to be heavy at times, and there could be up to a foot of accumulation in some areas of Southern New Hampshire, according to the National Weather Service.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH