Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Schools, library closed in Derry as storm approaches
DERRY — Classes are canceled today throughout the Derry Cooperative School District and at Pinkerton Academy because of the approaching snow storm, according to school officials.
The Derry Public Library was also closed, while town offices remained open.
Today has been declared a Blizzard Bag day for Pinkerton students, who will be given assignments to complete online, according to administrators.
The snow is expected to be heavy at times, and there could be up to a foot of accumulation in some areas of Southern New Hampshire, according to the National Weather Service.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on arms for Syrians - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 0
- Congress approves arming Syrian rebels, funding government - 0
- Study shows N.H.'s share of U.S. fouled air burden among smallest - 0
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 3
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Dow, S&P 500 at records as rally continues - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over