Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
$21.8m plan to go to Newfound school district voters
School district officials propose an operating budget of $21,802,569. Voting will take place March 11 at town polls in Alexandria, Bridgewater, Bristol, Danbury, Groton, Hebron and New Hampton.
The increase in salaries will cost the district $277,225 in 2014-2015, the first year of the contract. It would cost $271,747 in the second year, and $312,479 in the third year.
The next article on the budget asks for a special meeting if Article 2 is defeated to address the cost items of the article. The school board recommends this article, 6-1, with New Hampton voting against it.
Article 6 asks the district for $51,840 for a school resource officer for Newfound Regional High School. The officer would be available to support all schools within the district and would be employed for the school year only.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Rise of the Clinton Democrats (not really) - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 19
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: Ebola vs. civil liberties - 0
- Wayne F. Lesperance Jr.: Republicans are poised to win the Senate... maybe - 3
- George Will: The fictitious war on women - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Irresponsible 'education' - 3
- Our Constitution is crumbling and few seem to care - 4
- Can the administration handle an outbreak as well as Hollywood thinks it can? - 6
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 9
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
- Giants' blueprint? There is none - 0
GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy courtREADER COMMENTS: 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar