Home » News » Public Safety
Six people displaced by Hooksett blaze
HOOKSETT - Six people were left without a home Tuesday night by a fire that began in a basement apartment of a Hackett Hill Road home.
Deputy Fire Chief Michael Hoisington said the blaze started in an interior wall of the 232 Hackett Hill Road home, but investigators have yet to determine what caused it.
The fire was reported just before 11 p.m. and crews had it knocked down about 25 minutes later. A second alarm was sounded, but Hoisington said most of the mutual aid was canceled because firefighters had the blaze under control so quickly.
No one was injured although damage is estimated at $25,000. The building is uninhabitable, according to Hoisington.
The Red Cross is assisting the two displaced families.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health