Home » News » Public Safety
Six people displaced by Hooksett blaze
HOOKSETT - Six people were left without a home Tuesday night by a fire that began in a basement apartment of a Hackett Hill Road home.
Deputy Fire Chief Michael Hoisington said the blaze started in an interior wall of the 232 Hackett Hill Road home, but investigators have yet to determine what caused it.
The fire was reported just before 11 p.m. and crews had it knocked down about 25 minutes later. A second alarm was sounded, but Hoisington said most of the mutual aid was canceled because firefighters had the blaze under control so quickly.
No one was injured although damage is estimated at $25,000. The building is uninhabitable, according to Hoisington.
The Red Cross is assisting the two displaced families.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'