All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left. | Register | Sign In


Woodstove causes Plaistow fire


PLAISTOW – Ashes from a woodstove started a second-floor kitchen fire at 5 Glendale Circle on Wednesday morning.

The call for the one-alarm fire came into the Plaistow Fire Department shortly after 9 a.m.

"The crews were here fairly quickly and it was a quick knockdown," said Fire Chief John McArdle.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the owner was carried out because she wasn't wearing any shoes, according to the chief. She was taken to a neighbor's house while crews fought the fire.

Initially, the owner thought the fire originated in the woodstove she was cleaning.

However, McArdle said ashes placed in a metal bin caught onto some nearby wood, leading to the fire. The fire worked its way through the wall, but was contained to the second floor kitchen.

By 10:30 a.m., fire crews had cleared the scene and insurance adjustors were on hand to appraise the damage.


..