Home » News » Public Safety
Woodstove causes Plaistow fire
Firefighters quickly extinguished a morning fire at 5 Glendale Circle in Plaistow. (Adam Swift)
The call for the one-alarm fire came into the Plaistow Fire Department shortly after 9 a.m.
"The crews were here fairly quickly and it was a quick knockdown," said Fire Chief John McArdle.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the owner was carried out because she wasn't wearing any shoes, according to the chief. She was taken to a neighbor's house while crews fought the fire.
Initially, the owner thought the fire originated in the woodstove she was cleaning.
However, McArdle said ashes placed in a metal bin caught onto some nearby wood, leading to the fire. The fire worked its way through the wall, but was contained to the second floor kitchen.
By 10:30 a.m., fire crews had cleared the scene and insurance adjustors were on hand to appraise the damage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four