All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Woodstove causes Plaistow fire


PLAISTOW – Ashes from a woodstove started a second-floor kitchen fire at 5 Glendale Circle on Wednesday morning.

The call for the one-alarm fire came into the Plaistow Fire Department shortly after 9 a.m.

"The crews were here fairly quickly and it was a quick knockdown," said Fire Chief John McArdle.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the owner was carried out because she wasn't wearing any shoes, according to the chief. She was taken to a neighbor's house while crews fought the fire.

Initially, the owner thought the fire originated in the woodstove she was cleaning.

However, McArdle said ashes placed in a metal bin caught onto some nearby wood, leading to the fire. The fire worked its way through the wall, but was contained to the second floor kitchen.

By 10:30 a.m., fire crews had cleared the scene and insurance adjustors were on hand to appraise the damage.



Post or View Comments 


Maple Sugar Madness Maple Sugar Madness
Saturday, 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m. or 2 p.m.