All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left. | Register | Sign In

Woodstove causes Plaistow fire

PLAISTOW – Ashes from a woodstove started a second-floor kitchen fire at 5 Glendale Circle on Wednesday morning.

The call for the one-alarm fire came into the Plaistow Fire Department shortly after 9 a.m.

"The crews were here fairly quickly and it was a quick knockdown," said Fire Chief John McArdle.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the owner was carried out because she wasn't wearing any shoes, according to the chief. She was taken to a neighbor's house while crews fought the fire.

Initially, the owner thought the fire originated in the woodstove she was cleaning.

However, McArdle said ashes placed in a metal bin caught onto some nearby wood, leading to the fire. The fire worked its way through the wall, but was contained to the second floor kitchen.

By 10:30 a.m., fire crews had cleared the scene and insurance adjustors were on hand to appraise the damage.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety