Home » News » Public Safety
Woodstove causes Plaistow fire
The call for the one-alarm fire came into the Plaistow Fire Department shortly after 9 a.m.
"The crews were here fairly quickly and it was a quick knockdown," said Fire Chief John McArdle.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire, but the owner was carried out because she wasn't wearing any shoes, according to the chief. She was taken to a neighbor's house while crews fought the fire.
Initially, the owner thought the fire originated in the woodstove she was cleaning.
However, McArdle said ashes placed in a metal bin caught onto some nearby wood, leading to the fire. The fire worked its way through the wall, but was contained to the second floor kitchen.
By 10:30 a.m., fire crews had cleared the scene and insurance adjustors were on hand to appraise the damage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare