Substantial snow expected in New Hampshire Thursday
Winter Storm Watches were issued for all of the state beginning Thursday morning and lasting into early Friday.
Forecasters haven’t nailed down snow totals just yet, but Sinsabaugh said the state could see anywhere between 8 and 10 inches.
The system will pass just outside Cape Cod by Thursday night and into the Canadian Maritimes Friday morning.
With temperatures hovering around the freezing mark, the snow is expected to be heavier than what the region has seen in more recent storms that were accompanied by frigid temperatures.
The combination of a heavier snow and winds could pose some problems.
“I don’t think the snow is going to be as wet as what we see in the fall and spring, the stuff that really sticks, but we may see a few power outages, especially Thursday night. It doesn’t look like anything too widespread at this point,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Dow, S&P 500 at records as rally continues - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Senate gives final passage to President Obama's plan for arming Syrian rebels - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too