Home » News » Public Safety
Hassan visits NH Ball Bearings; reports 'relatively isolated' damage
"It seems like the damage is relatively isolated to a relatively small part of the plant," she told reporters when she returned to the State House a short while ago.
She said assessments are being made on whether there was structural damage but officials "hope to have the plant at least partially operating in a matter of days."
She said that "all things considered, it wasn't as bad as it might have been," but at the same time stressed concern about the injured workers and those who are left unable to work due to the damage at the facility.
She said she was unable to enter the plant due to the damage.
Hassan said officials there are "just finishing up the documentation stage and are getting to the investigation and looking into how long it will be to get at least part of the plant back up and operating."
She said state economic development officials are ready to help find additional space for plant operations to resume if that is needed.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire