Home » News » Public Safety
Hassan visits NH Ball Bearings; reports 'relatively isolated' damage
"It seems like the damage is relatively isolated to a relatively small part of the plant," she told reporters when she returned to the State House a short while ago.
She said assessments are being made on whether there was structural damage but officials "hope to have the plant at least partially operating in a matter of days."
She said that "all things considered, it wasn't as bad as it might have been," but at the same time stressed concern about the injured workers and those who are left unable to work due to the damage at the facility.
She said she was unable to enter the plant due to the damage.
Hassan said officials there are "just finishing up the documentation stage and are getting to the investigation and looking into how long it will be to get at least part of the plant back up and operating."
She said state economic development officials are ready to help find additional space for plant operations to resume if that is needed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen