Home » News » Public Safety
Keene man seriously injured in Winchester crash
Joseph Rice, 23, of Keene, was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Winchester police, firefighters and ambulance workers responded to the scene on Route 10/Keene Road about one-half mile south of Coombs Bridge Road at 4:13 p.m.
Castor took evasive action by pulling into the breakdown lane, but he was unable to avoid the Jeep, which struck the driver's side of the box truck, police said. The box truck continued into the breakdown land and flipped over onto the passenger side a short distance off the roadway.
Police said Nichols saw the box truck and swerved to the center of the road to avoid striking the box truck and was struck on the passenger side with what appeared to be the rear of the Jeep after it struck the box truck, police said.
Winchester was assisted at the scene by Swanzey firefighters, Keene and Diluzio ambulance services, state police, and the Cheshire County Sheriff's Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 11
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?