Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Former Rockingham jail administrator to admit to theft
She allegedly manipulated the payroll records at the Rockingham County jail, where her husband worked as a corrections officer, overbilling the county thousands of dollars.
The thefts date back to at least July 2012, according to indictments.
Nelson and her husband, Keith, were suspended in May and no longer work for the county.
Prosecutors and Nelson’s lawyer have agreed to let a judge ultimately decide Nelson’s punishment after they make their arguments at an upcoming court hearing, according to court records.
Defense lawyer Gerard LaFlamme asked a judge for a pre-sentence investigation to help craft a potential sentence. He asked the court for a May court date.
“Knowing what I know, she probably needs to go to jail,” Coyle said. “When you’re in a position of public trust and handling the public’s money, you need to go to jail.”
Nelson being allowed to review her husband’s time sheet was part of the problem, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483