Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Former Rockingham jail administrator to admit to theft
She allegedly manipulated the payroll records at the Rockingham County jail, where her husband worked as a corrections officer, overbilling the county thousands of dollars.
The thefts date back to at least July 2012, according to indictments.
Nelson and her husband, Keith, were suspended in May and no longer work for the county.
Prosecutors and Nelson’s lawyer have agreed to let a judge ultimately decide Nelson’s punishment after they make their arguments at an upcoming court hearing, according to court records.
Defense lawyer Gerard LaFlamme asked a judge for a pre-sentence investigation to help craft a potential sentence. He asked the court for a May court date.
“Knowing what I know, she probably needs to go to jail,” Coyle said. “When you’re in a position of public trust and handling the public’s money, you need to go to jail.”
Nelson being allowed to review her husband’s time sheet was part of the problem, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal