Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Temple bed and breakfast
Firefighters were called to the Herbal Living Bed and Breakfast at 242 General Miller Highway in Temple when an automatic fire alarm went off at about 2:30 p.m.. The first fire crews on the scene saw nothing showing outside the house but looked inside windows and noticed smoke inside the building.
"We had a heavy smoke condition," said Temple Fire Chief George Clark. "As we worked our way up and followed the walls, that's when the flames took off and shot to the third floor."
In addition to the Temple Fire Department, crews from Wilton, Milford, Lyndeborough, Greenville, New Ipswich, Jaffrey, Dublin and Mason responded to the fire scene, and Mont Vernon firefighters provided coverage for the Temple fire house.
Clark ordered second and third alarms to battle the flames, and said firefighters managed to contain the fire to the area around the point of origin and the floors above. One major addition to the building was saved from the flames.
"One half of the house and the second floor got the worst of it," Clark said. "I think they can rebuild."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'