Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Temple bed and breakfast
Firefighters were called to the Herbal Living Bed and Breakfast at 242 General Miller Highway in Temple when an automatic fire alarm went off at about 2:30 p.m.. The first fire crews on the scene saw nothing showing outside the house but looked inside windows and noticed smoke inside the building.
"We had a heavy smoke condition," said Temple Fire Chief George Clark. "As we worked our way up and followed the walls, that's when the flames took off and shot to the third floor."
In addition to the Temple Fire Department, crews from Wilton, Milford, Lyndeborough, Greenville, New Ipswich, Jaffrey, Dublin and Mason responded to the fire scene, and Mont Vernon firefighters provided coverage for the Temple fire house.
Clark ordered second and third alarms to battle the flames, and said firefighters managed to contain the fire to the area around the point of origin and the floors above. One major addition to the building was saved from the flames.
"One half of the house and the second floor got the worst of it," Clark said. "I think they can rebuild."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax