Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Alleged drunk driver plows car into Keene building
Sgt. Jason Short said the woman was speeding, failed to negotiate a curve in the road, lost control of the vehicle and smashed into the house, disrupting electric, water and sewer service and leaving a gaping hole in the basement wall.
The accident happened shortly after midnight Sunday morning at 50 Marlboro St.
There were no injuries, but the house will need repair.
“The structure is sound except for a big hole in the foundation,” Short said. It is an old apartment house so the first floor is not right near ground level, it is elevated about two-and-a-half feet.
The driver, Samantha Murphy, 18, of Milford, Conn., was charged with drunken driving and released on personal recognizance.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917