Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Alleged drunk driver plows car into Keene building
Sgt. Jason Short said the woman was speeding, failed to negotiate a curve in the road, lost control of the vehicle and smashed into the house, disrupting electric, water and sewer service and leaving a gaping hole in the basement wall.
The accident happened shortly after midnight Sunday morning at 50 Marlboro St.
There were no injuries, but the house will need repair.
“The structure is sound except for a big hole in the foundation,” Short said. It is an old apartment house so the first floor is not right near ground level, it is elevated about two-and-a-half feet.
The driver, Samantha Murphy, 18, of Milford, Conn., was charged with drunken driving and released on personal recognizance.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus