Home » News » Public Safety
Dover man killed in snowmobile crash; two others injured in separate incidents
Peter J. Kavalauskas, 62, was riding with his son and a friend around 1 a.m. when he lost control of his snowmobile and crashed into the shoreline at the north end of Millen Lake, near Camp Morgan Lodge, according to Fish and Game. Kavalauskas was pronounced dead at the scene
In a separate accident in Brookline, a Lyndeborough woman was injured when her snowmobile crashed into a tree in Brookline around 11:30 p.m. Friday. Eva Brumleve, 39, was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua with serious but non life- threatening injuries. Brumleve was arrested by a Fish and Game conservation officer for operating a snowmobile while under the Influence of alcohol.
In Winchester, speed was a contributing factor in a crash around 1:30 p.m. Friday that left a Swanzey man injured, authorities said.
Michael Rouleau, 51, was transported to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene with serious but non life-threatening injuries. Rouleau crashed his snowmobile in a field adjacent to a trail near Old Wesport Road.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof