Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester man arrested in robbery attempts
Robert Oxley, 31, was arrested on two counts of felony attempted robbery and single counts of felony robbery and resisting arrest, police said.
Police said they arrested Oxley after an officer saw him rob Uncle Bob's Market, 435 Kelley St., on Friday night.
Police first responded around 6 p.m. to Crosstown Variety, 77 Bremer St., for an attempted robbery. The clerk said a white man with black hair and a goatee, wearing a brown jacket with a black hoodie under his jacket entered the store and demanded the clerk give him money. The clerk refused and the man said that he had a gun and threatened to shoot her if she did not comply. The clerk again stated no and that she was calling the police. The man fled on foot.
While searching the area for the man, a police officer stopped to check on the clerk at Bremer Street Food Mart, 218 Bremer St. The clerk reported that this same person, based on the previous clerk's description, had attempted to commit a robbery at this market about five minutes prior to the officer's arrival. The man entered the store and told the clerk to give him all the money or he would shoot him. The clerk chased the man out of the store.
Based on the two prior attempted robberies, a community policing officer pulled up to Uncle Bob's Market to check on the clerk. As the officer pulled up, he saw a man matching the description enter the store. The officer saw the man walk directly to the counter to speak with the clerk. The subject then burst out the door and fled. The officer gave chase and deployed his taser, resulting in police taking Oxley into custody.
Uncle Bob's Store reported that the man entered the store, stated he had a gun and to open both cash registers. Uncle Bob's reported the alleged robber fled with money.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483