Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester man arrested in robbery attempts
Robert Oxley, 31, was arrested on two counts of felony attempted robbery and single counts of felony robbery and resisting arrest, police said.
Police said they arrested Oxley after an officer saw him rob Uncle Bob's Market, 435 Kelley St., on Friday night.
Police first responded around 6 p.m. to Crosstown Variety, 77 Bremer St., for an attempted robbery. The clerk said a white man with black hair and a goatee, wearing a brown jacket with a black hoodie under his jacket entered the store and demanded the clerk give him money. The clerk refused and the man said that he had a gun and threatened to shoot her if she did not comply. The clerk again stated no and that she was calling the police. The man fled on foot.
While searching the area for the man, a police officer stopped to check on the clerk at Bremer Street Food Mart, 218 Bremer St. The clerk reported that this same person, based on the previous clerk's description, had attempted to commit a robbery at this market about five minutes prior to the officer's arrival. The man entered the store and told the clerk to give him all the money or he would shoot him. The clerk chased the man out of the store.
Based on the two prior attempted robberies, a community policing officer pulled up to Uncle Bob's Market to check on the clerk. As the officer pulled up, he saw a man matching the description enter the store. The officer saw the man walk directly to the counter to speak with the clerk. The subject then burst out the door and fled. The officer gave chase and deployed his taser, resulting in police taking Oxley into custody.
Uncle Bob's Store reported that the man entered the store, stated he had a gun and to open both cash registers. Uncle Bob's reported the alleged robber fled with money.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
Red Sox's Holt has All-Star history
- Total Votes: 917