Home » News » Public Safety
Four injured in Pittsfield plow collision
The collision occurred just after 8 a.m. as a town plow was piling snow in a spot off the roadway, said Officer Joseph McCormack. The plow backed onto the road and the collision occurred, he said.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident to determine which driver was at fault.
There were "distractions" that could have been factors in the crash, McCormack said.
"We're looking into whether solar glare, which has been strong lately, may have distracted one of the drivers," he said.
McCormack would not identify the drivers or accident victims Friday morning.
The 18-year-old, who was the most seriously hurt, had to be extricated from the vehicle using Jaws of Life rescue equipment, he said.
"The three juveniles were able to walk to the ambulance," he said.
The driver of the town truck was not seriously injured.
The occupants of the pickup truck were a brother and sister and two other boys, he said. All were on their way to Pittsfield High School for school.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket