Chester hires new superintendent of schools
Darrell Lockwood, the current superintendent of the Masconomet Regional School District in Topsfield, Mass., will take over from retiring Chester Superintendent James Gaylord on July 1. Lockwood, 60, served as Goffstown superintendent for 10 years, from 1998 to 2008.
“This is an opportunity for me to return and do some work in New Hampshire, and I’m excited about it,” Lockwood said Thursday.
“I have to retire, and my wife is telling me exactly that,” Gaylord said. This will mark the second time he has retired, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long