Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Despondent woman helped by Manchester police
The 18-year-old woman from Mattapan, Mass., whose name was not released, was then taken by ambulance to a local hospital for further evaluation.
Police were called about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a suicidal woman outside a 221 Spruce St. apartment building and officers Fred Gillis and Marc Lachance of the Community Policing Division Mounted Unit responded.
Gillis immediately began talking to the despondent woman, who also was highly agitated and on more than one occasion told the officers to "shoot her."
Police said Gillis, a member of the SWAT team, maintained a cool, calm demeanor and after a brief period of time, convinced the woman to put down the knife.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 7
- Derry woman accused of burglaries - 0
- Scam artists calling PSNH customers, demand money - 0
- Manchester police investigate home invasion on Merrimack Street - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917