Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Despondent woman helped by Manchester police
The 18-year-old woman from Mattapan, Mass., whose name was not released, was then taken by ambulance to a local hospital for further evaluation.
Police were called about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a suicidal woman outside a 221 Spruce St. apartment building and officers Fred Gillis and Marc Lachance of the Community Policing Division Mounted Unit responded.
Gillis immediately began talking to the despondent woman, who also was highly agitated and on more than one occasion told the officers to "shoot her."
Police said Gillis, a member of the SWAT team, maintained a cool, calm demeanor and after a brief period of time, convinced the woman to put down the knife.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 11
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917