Home » News » Public Safety
Remains identified as missing North Conway man
DNA test results two weeks ago positively identified the remains, Conway Police Lt. Christopher Perley said Tuesday.
Sweeney was 52 years old when he disappeared. He was free on bail after being charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated nine days earlier. Sweeney had been upset that he was involved in a collision that left a motorcyclist injured, Perley said.
Sweeney left a note suggesting he might considering doing harm to himself and left without his diabetes medications, which he needed to survive, Perley added.
Conway police and fire and conservation officers extensively searched the Whittaker Woods area of Cranmore Mountain in northern North Conway without locating Sweeney.
Search crews looking for missing Conway teen Abigail Conway last October came upon the remains south of Whittaker Woods at the base of Cranmore Mountain Resort, Perley said.
There is no indication of foul play.
Hernandez, 15, still is missing. The investigation into her disappearance remains active.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 1
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill