Home » News » Public Safety
Bristol pair remain in critical condition after hitting backhoe
The scene on Route 104 Monday of an accident that left two Bristol residents in critical condition. (COURTESY BRISTOL POLICE)
BRISTOL — Two Bristol residents remained in critical condition late Wednesday after a collision between their SUV and a state backhoe on Route 104 on Monday.
Both are expected to survive, and both are facing charges when they get well, police said. The driver faces a gun charge and potentially drugged-driving charges.
A 2004 Dodge Durango operated by Jason Brown, 29, of 140 School St., crossed the yellow line striking a state John Deere backhoe head-on.
An investigation was conducted into the accident, and “charges will be forthcoming for Jason Brown for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, as a habitual offender, and as a felon in possession of a firearm,” Bean said.
“I can’t discuss what was found, but we found evidence after the accident that drug use was ongoing in the vehicle,” Bean said.
“She made several reports to police after the accident that were false,” Bean said, declining to elaborate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
Red Sox's Holt has All-Star history