Manchester teen featured in hospital's lip-sync video dies of cancer
The 13-year-old, who died Saturday, had a prominent role in a video of patients at Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock lip-syncing the Katy Perry hit "Roar."
The video has been updated with comments bidding farewell to Maggie, who had a rare form of cancer.
The video's rapid popularity prompted news stories, including a call to be interviewed on CNN's "Piers Morgan Live."
"When she saw it was on Buzzfeed, she went crazy," Byrne-Philbrook recalled. "There was so much attention," she said. "Through all of it, she really was content to just be Maggie." Calling hours are scheduled for Friday at Lambert Funeral Home, 1799 Elm St., Manchester, from 3 to 8 p.m.
Donations to the Philbrook family can be made at: www.gofundme.com/6iu2o0
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.