Home » News » Public Safety
Fire marshal investigates fire that razed Newbury store
"We're doing a lot of work right now," he said.
The store's "mission," according to its website, was to "provide brand name furniture, antiques, accessories and fabulous findings at low prices. We re-upholster your vintage furniture with over 7,000 fabrics to choose from. Interior design services that fit all levels of style and budgets. Located at Lake Sunapee, N.H."
Thomas said he hasn't found the cause of the fire yet. The building, built in 1890 and valued in 2012 at $171,000, according to town records, is a total loss.
Thomas, one of the first firefighters to the scene, said flames had consumed much of the building by the time he arrived. The fire was reported by an employee of a restaurant across the street, Thomas said.
The owner of the building could not be reached for comment Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released