Home » News » Public Safety
Fire marshal investigates fire that razed Newbury store
"We're doing a lot of work right now," he said.
The store's "mission," according to its website, was to "provide brand name furniture, antiques, accessories and fabulous findings at low prices. We re-upholster your vintage furniture with over 7,000 fabrics to choose from. Interior design services that fit all levels of style and budgets. Located at Lake Sunapee, N.H."
Thomas said he hasn't found the cause of the fire yet. The building, built in 1890 and valued in 2012 at $171,000, according to town records, is a total loss.
Thomas, one of the first firefighters to the scene, said flames had consumed much of the building by the time he arrived. The fire was reported by an employee of a restaurant across the street, Thomas said.
The owner of the building could not be reached for comment Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride