Peterborough teacher ready to take on ex-Bruins players
On Sunday, she’ll square off against them at the 4th annual Boston Bruins Alumni Classic.
Crotched Mountain Wild
She played hockey throughout high school and at Plymouth State University. And now she’s playing as a member of the Crotched Mountain Wild, a team of employees and friends of the Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center in Greenfield.
Making sports accessible
Proceeds from the game help fund the CMARS program, which helps people with disabilities find ways to enjoy the great outdoors.
Garfinkle said that in the last three years, the annual games have raised $70,000 for adaptive equipment, scholarships to help those in need participate in CMARS programs and a broader array of offerings.
“I’m very excited about this,” she said. “My dad actually played in an alumni game years ago, and I got to watch. It’s going to be a great game of hockey.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test