Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Clerics react to news, say other clergy should not be affected
"There was money taken from Catholic Medical Center and from the estate of Monsignor (John) Molan ... His life is ruined," the priest added.
"I think most people will not think worse of their own parish priest," he said.
A member of the Voice of the Faithful lay group, Disco added: "We certainly had contentious relations with Fr. Arsenault over the (clergy) sexual abuse crisis, particularly his handling of state audits of the diocese's abuse policy. This is no doubt a difficult time for him, but I hope the future holds promise for his ministry."
"I'm glad things are coming to light. We are not wondering anymore," the Rev. C. Peter Dumont said.
Arsenault sent a letter by email to priests of the diocese and former colleagues in diocesan ministry in which he "accepted responsibility for my failings" and said he is "prepared to make my amends."
"One of the thing I learned when I was a police officer was that anyone can be capable of anything. All it takes is a minute of saying no to God's grace. We are all human beings," said the Rev. Thomas Steinmetz, a retired Manchester police lieutenant who is pastor of Our Lady of Cedars Parish, an Eastern Catholic church in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief