Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Clerics react to news, say other clergy should not be affected
"There was money taken from Catholic Medical Center and from the estate of Monsignor (John) Molan ... His life is ruined," the priest added.
"I think most people will not think worse of their own parish priest," he said.
A member of the Voice of the Faithful lay group, Disco added: "We certainly had contentious relations with Fr. Arsenault over the (clergy) sexual abuse crisis, particularly his handling of state audits of the diocese's abuse policy. This is no doubt a difficult time for him, but I hope the future holds promise for his ministry."
"I'm glad things are coming to light. We are not wondering anymore," the Rev. C. Peter Dumont said.
Arsenault sent a letter by email to priests of the diocese and former colleagues in diocesan ministry in which he "accepted responsibility for my failings" and said he is "prepared to make my amends."
"One of the thing I learned when I was a police officer was that anyone can be capable of anything. All it takes is a minute of saying no to God's grace. We are all human beings," said the Rev. Thomas Steinmetz, a retired Manchester police lieutenant who is pastor of Our Lady of Cedars Parish, an Eastern Catholic church in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917