Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Woman charged in Nashua fire that involved rescue of four
NASHUA – A woman is under arrest, charged with reckless conduct for discarding a lit cigarette in a second-floor hallway of a Beard Street apartment house, trapping four people — including herself — who then had to be rescued by firefighters.
Maliea Martin, 25, who has no fixed address, is accused of causing the Jan. 24 fire at 5 Beard St. that trapped her, another adult and two children ages 2 and 3. The four were hanging out a second-floor window when firefighters arrived on scene just after midnight.
Police said Martin tossed a lit cigarette onto some flammable materials in the hallway. The subsequent fire blocked her and the others from going out that door and forced them to the window.
Martin was held on $15,000 cash/surety bail pending arraignment in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
The reckless conduct charge is a class B felony punishable by up to seven years in prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 13
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Total Votes: 917