Home » News » Public Safety
Deadly toll on New Hampshire's snowmobile trails this season
A Berlin woman died Saturday night after her snowmobile hit a tree as she rode with her husband across Success Pond in Success township.
State Fish and Game officers said the woman's husband and a nurse who was staying at a camp near the scene of the crash attempted to revive the woman, but she had sustained severe trauma and died at the scene.
On Tuesday, a snowmobiling accident took the life of a Hudson woman in Pittsburg. Pauline Robinson, 47, of Hudson was killed when her snowmobile hit a tree.
Two other serious snowmobile crashes were reported in Pittsburg earlier this season. A Florida man was hurt on Jan. 12 and a Massachusetts woman was injured in a crash on Stewart Young Road in Pittsburg on Dec. 28.
In the 2012-13 winter season, at least four deaths were reported involving snowmobiles in the state.
In January of last year, a 29-year-old Shelburne man died after a snowmobile accident on the Gorham Pipeline trail. The man was found the next day after a bitterly cold night in the woods, but later died at Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run