Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Bedford voters to decide on $64M spending plan
If the budget and all warrant articles are approved, the total local school tax rate would be 79 cents — 75 cents from the $64,140,242 budget; 3 cents from a $90,834 warrant article for the third year of a three-year contract for secretaries, clerks, teaching assistants and kitchen staff; and 1 cent from a $123,706 warrant article for salary and benefit increases for a new three-year contract for custodial and maintenance staff, which includes increases from 2013-14.
Tim Mayes, school superintendent, said the budget and revenues continue to change and will be updated before the deliberative session.
Other budget items
The proposed budget includes capital improvements:
• Bedford High and Ross A. Lurgio Middle schools: would receive an air-conditioning system for three teacher planning rooms and two special education classrooms for $53,000.
The proposed new programs, estimated to cost $196,000, are for part-time teachers for IB theater, AP statistics, social studies elective, and American Sign Language IV courses at the high school; a part-time Latin teacher for Lurgio; a part-time clerk for McKelvie to support to guidance, nurse and administrators; and an Apple TV and four to five ceiling mounted projectors for each elementary school; voice enhancement systems for two classrooms at Lurgio; two freshmen sports programs for girls volleyball and boys baseball; a Model United Nations Program at the high school; and inventory management software for the district and all schools.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 26
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 35
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 21
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 3
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'