Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Litchfield’s $5.1M town spending plan goes to voters
At Saturday’s town deliberative session, residents made no amendments to the proposed $5,130,166 budget for 2014. The proposal is about $155,000 more than the existing budget of $4,975,066.
“There are some increases, obviously,” he said of the suggested budget, which would result in a tax rate of $3.58 per $1,000 of assessed valuation for the town portion of the tax rate.
The town was faced with about $90,000 in increases for the upcoming budget, according to Brunelle, explaining insurance and benefit costs are on the rise, as well as increases from Pennichuck Water Co.
Also included in the proposed budget is the purchase of two new police cruisers, in addition to lease payments for two other police cruisers purchased last year.
Although the town budget is being recommended by the Board of Selectmen and the Litchfield Budget Committee, there were three members of the budget panel opposed to the spending plan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain